Here at Color In Motion 5K, our mission is movement! We believe in getting out and getting active however you can. We have a big mix of participants that join us for our events, and we get everyone from first-timers to color veterans. For our participants that are new to the world of 5K’s, we’ve outlined a little of what you can expect and how to prepare for your first race below!
What you can expect:
- 3.1 miles of walking/jogging/dancing/running. However you choose get across the finish line is fine by us!
- LOTS of color! And we mean lots…
- Loud music at every color station, a rowdy DJ, and a giant after party!
- Most importantly: so much fun that it will be coming out of your ears!
How to prep:
- TRAIN: While it is entirely possible to participate in CIM5K with no training whatsoever, we recommend that you start walking/jogging/running at least one month before the event. That way, you can get your body used to moving more and you can build up to a faster time! (If you’re in to that sort of thing.) Plus, by signing up for CIM5K, you get 30 days free with Mbition-The Smart Adaptive Training Plan! Sign up for our Newsletter to receive additional custom training plans provided by Mbition!
- SLEEP: Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before the event! We know you’re probably too excited thinking about all of the colorful fun you’ll have the following morning. (If we’re being honest, we’re right in that boat with you!) We promise you’ll want to get a good rest before the run. Even though you’ll be having the time of your life, your body will be doing a lot of work and will need all the help it can get. Plus, you might be waking up a bit earlier than normal, and sleep never hurt anybody!
- BRING: Lots and lots of towels. You will be covered head-to-toe in color, so bringing along some supplies to clean up after the race is always a good idea! Towels are great to dust you off and cover the seats in your car. Plastic bags are the perfect container for colorful shoes that might need a little more dusting off at home, and wet wipes are great for cleaning off hands, faces, and mobile screens!
That’s it for today’s tips on preparing for your first 5k! Did we miss anything that you’d like to know? Stay tuned for more tips and training ideas!